Thursday, September 16, 2010

NOVA SCOTIA LAWSUIT VS TIMOTHY GILLESPIE NOVA SCOTIA BLOGGER

Exerpts from lawsuit against:
Timothy Gillespie writer of Shelburnecountytoday.ca and Joyce Case Harlow a broker at East Bay Realty and received a letter by lawyer Gary A. Richard threatening a lawsuit on behalf of clients. "Any further statements or acts of defamation by you will inevitably increase the damages we claim against you. Govern yourself accordingly" Richard writes. "The defendants are alleged to have published false and damaging claims about my clients business practices," Richard explained when contacted later, “the defendants have been actively contacting clients and interfering with contractual relations."


Gillespie wrote on his news website quoting a local realtor to have called the $1-million property as "Swampland" as well as quoting several readers who described the eBay auction as "incredibly misleading".

Building inspector, Andrew Goreham, from the Municipality of Barrington said the Blinn’s certified the property as an instrument of subdivision and avoided having to have on site approvals by the Department of Environment. With that method there is no need for a survey or perc tests to sell the land. As long as each lot is over two acres the Blinn’s can legally sell the properties without any tests being done to the property.

Doreen Chenard Manager of Environmental Assessments at Maritime Testing Limited warned, "If indeed the land is bog, it would be protected under the relatively new provincial Wetlands Designation Policy. The wetland assessment and application process is quite expensive and the chance of obtaining an approval to develop such land for residential purposes is actually very, very low...there are more reasons than just esthetics for buying swamp land."

A buyer of one of the lands and disagrees. “I liked the description and the price as well as the history of Nova Scotia… but I wanted to see the land before buying it.”

According to Richard Burchell McDougal attorney , the lawsuit against Gillespie and Case Harlow was currently being prepared for delivery in which case the defense has 20 days to reply.

Richard said at the court, “the truth will be plain to see.”

1 comment:

  1. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin Lee after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin Lee via
    WhatsApp : + 1-989-394-3740
    Email: 247officedept@gmail.com.
    { I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FRIENDS }

    ReplyDelete